Work Capacity Routine 1
· Ideally the routine should be performed on a grass field, however, it can also be done on a treadmill.
· Perform the CORE WARM-UP before starting the routine. Then jog for 2 min, start slowly and gradually increase your pace over the two minutes.
· Place two markers on the field approximately 200m apart. Perform a set of strides between the two markers. This is not an all out sprint but you should complete the distance (200m) in 45 sec. Once you have completed one set of strides, slowly jog back to the start. Use this slow jog as recovery.
· Then repeat this procedure, stride and slow jog return. Start with one sets of 6 strides (reps). Each week increase by 1 rep until you can repeat this 12 times (i.e. 12 x 200m). Also aim to run the distance progressively quicker.
· Once all the sets have been completed perform a 2 min cool down jog (slow). This can be followed by a stretch.
About Richard Pybus
I'm Richard Pybus, I've coached Pakistan, Bangladesh, Middlesex, Titans and the Cape Cobras in South Africa and the goal of this site is to help you to play winning cricket.