Work Capacity Routine 3
· This routine must be performed on a grass field. Perform the CORE WARM-UP before starting the routine. Then jog for 2 min, start slowly and gradually increase your pace over the two minutes.
· Place 2 markers, 40m apart on the field. This is a run through routine so you will need to run from one marker to the next.
· Set 1- Run at about 80-85% of maximum speed. Stride from the first marker to the second. Rest for 30 seconds and then repeat. This should be done six times. Rest for 1 min
· Set 2 – Same as set 1. Rest 1 min.
· Set 3 – Same as Set 1. Rest 1 min.
· Set 4- Same as Set 1. Rest 1 min.
· Each week increase the routine by 1 set until you can perform 10 sets. Once all the sets have been completed perform a 2 min cool down jog (slow). This can be followed by a stretch.
About Richard Pybus
I'm Richard Pybus, I've coached Pakistan, Bangladesh, Middlesex, Titans and the Cape Cobras in South Africa and the goal of this site is to help you to play winning cricket.